Mommy Super Powers


Over the past fifteen months I have discovered that I have super powers. These powers have helped me deal with the little ball of energy that has invaded my home and decided to take apart everything and put it together as he sees fit.

Super sonic hearing

I could be in the basement with the washer and dryer going and I am still able to hear when the baybee wakes up from his nap. Mind you, baybee kicks the side of the crib and starts shouting at the top of his lungs when he wakes up but that is not the point. The point is I can still hear him three floors down.

Selective super sonic hearing

I have developed the ability to completely ignore that loud noises generated by baybee and continue to function. Baybee can be banging a pot with a metal spoon and singing his version of the wheels on the bus as loud as humanly possible, and I am able to make dinner without having my head explode.

The ability to leap tall messes in a single bound

I am not sure if my legs have gotten longer or my jumping ability has improved but I think it is a combination of the two. I can now successfully leap over mounds of toys, clothes and the occasional bed in my pursuit of the baybee.

And possibly the coolest power to date - the ability to silence a child with ‘the look’

I don’t have to say anything, I just give baybee ‘the look’ and he stops whatever it is he is doing. This doesn’t last forever but just enough for him to move onto something new. This power also works on the hubby.

0 comments: