You know you're a mom when....

WARNING

IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT - DON'T READ THIS!!!


Projectile vomit doesn't bother you so much!

The baybee is teething, so we are experiencing all the fun stuff that goes along with that; the crying, the fever, the irritability (and that's just the hubby).

Baybee is holding up OK but the height of his unhappiness was marked by one monumental occasion, the first time that he had projectile vomit.

I am no stranger to projectile vomit, I have experienced it before with my niece, but that was five years ago. You tend to forget or maybe consciously erase the level of gross-ness from your brain. So when I got pregnant and everyone started telling me the horror stories about projectile throw up I got scared, terrified even. I gag when I see a cartoon character upchuck, what the heck was I going to do when my flesh and blood empties the contents of his stomach on me, at such a speed that it resembles a speeding locomotive. I would probably pass out from the icky-ness. I was screwed, 100% screwed.

But when it happened twice in the last two days, I managed not to dry heave or gag, but take care of the baybee. Even though at one point, I was wearing the contents of his stomach, I kept a stiff upper lip and a stable stomach and I took care of my screaming child. I am not saying that it was not disgusting. It was incredibly disgusting; this warm mushy stuff running down my leg and the front of my shirt and I did want jump into the shower as soon as I could get there, it's just I had other things to worry about at the time. Making sure that Mr. Man was OK was my first priority.

I guess that means that I am officially a mommy, but I am not looking forward to the next rite of passage: the first projectile poop!!

0 comments: