Test Drama

Yesterday was the first test for my God awful course (which will be known as GAC from now on) and it wouldn’t be my life if there was no drama involved.

I got to leave work early so that I could get baby from the daycare, drop him at home and then go back to the class and take the test.

Let me put my timeline into perspective for you, I left work at 4:30pm and class started at 6pm. The class was literally two blocks from baby’s daycare but because Milhouse can’t leave work early to get him, I do it (that may change though or at least on test days). I live about 30 minutes away from the daycare and 32 minutes away from the class. So that hour and a half is stretched really tight. So yesterday when I needed the timing to be precise Murphy’s Law kicked in.

· On the way to the daycare - there was traffic and construction outside work because of the movie shoot. Instead of taking me 10 minutes to get to the daycare it took me 25.
· On the way home - there was a major accident that closed down one highway and the other highway was closed for repairs. So instead of it taking me a half an hour to get home it took me almost an hour.
· On the way to class – there was construction on the roads that caused major slow downs. So instead of taking 20 minutes to get to class it took 35.

So my sister and I were about a half an hour late for a 45 minute test!!! Good thing we’re as smart as we are, because we rocked it and finished the test in time.

0 comments: