Canada’s having an election too

There’s an election going on in the US, big whoop di doo!!! We’re having an election too. True, ours may not be a gossip filled, mudslinging, racial and gender profiling media circus but it’s still a big deal.

So I am going to take a moment and get political.


*steps up onto soap box*

Come Election Day, I will be voting for the NDP (New Democratic Party). I have always and I will probably always vote for the NDP. I come from an immigrant working class family. We have not nor will we ever be considered to be the upper class of Canada and that is just fine with me. This country is not made up of the elite; it is made up of the working class.

The NDP is the only party that recognizes working families. They have initiatives that would work in favour of the little guy and I think that is a great thing. I truly believe in their ideologies and I think that Jack Layton is a phenomenal leader.

So if you haven’t gotten around to looking into the NDP, please do, they are looking out for you.

*steps off soap box*

0 comments: