Never expected this

It’s no secret that my top drawer is filled with mini chocolate bars and candy. I am quite willing to share. I don’t ask for any money and I encourage my co-workers to come over and take some candy even when I am not here. Some people just come over and ask permission to go in it every single time they come by which is fine by me. And some people just help themselves, also fine by me.

I think of my drawer as contributing to employee morale. Because I know that I would be a cranky ass if I didn’t have it so I apply that logic to just about everyone else.

Yesterday when I came in, I found a present waiting for me. It was from one of the “regulars”. She felt bad about always eating the chocolate, so she went out and bought me a trio of lip glosses. I don’t wear make up at all and the lip gloss will probably end up in my nieces dress up chest. But the gesture itself was very sweet and very unexpected.

As much as my office is filled with dumb asses and snobs, there are some that do make my day.

0 comments: