Sexy vs. Sweet

Halloween is almost here and I don’t know what to be. For the past five years I’ve been ‘sleepy’. I come into the office in my pj’s, fuzzy slippers and a teddy. It’s great for me, because I am comfortable and warm the entire day. It is one of the few days where I don’t complain about the cold and I am most productive. But my costume is getting old. When people just assume that I am going to be ‘sleepy’ it makes me want to change things up.

But I don’t know what to be. I went costume shopping this weekend and the choices are a bit too risqué for the office. The thought of coming in as a Catholic schoolgirl or sexy devil doesn’t appeal to me. (People do come in as these things, but I just can’t make myself dress like that*. Well for work anyway.)

I want something cute, wholesome and fun. Is that too much to ask? Do you have any suggestions on what I can be?

*The HR girl that takes great pleasure in writing me up for dress code violations has come in as both and is probably planning as something just as scandalous this year. I am not hating – I just don’t like her and she doesn’t have the body to rock these outfits.

0 comments: