Sip, swish, spit….repeat process

My boss is in the process of planning our annual Christmas ‘activity’. In previous years we’ve gone bowling or to a pool hall but this year she wants to do something more ‘upscale’, so we are going wine tasting!

I am by no means a wine connoisseur, I know little to nothing about wine. My liquor of choice is tequila, Southern Comfort or rum. I only drink wine when I am truly desperate and I have no other choice.

Left to my own devices, I tend to buy the $7 wine in tetra packs that can be resealed in case I get drunk before I finish it. (I’m one classy chick, I know.) So going on a wine tasting tour is not my idea of fun. OK scratch that, it would be my idea of fun if I could go with a bunch of people that I actually liked and didn’t have to worry about acting silly or getting sloshed. Instead, I am going with my department which is full of pretentious fuddy duddies and the only way that I would have a good time is if I get hammered out of my mind, which would lead to a very embarrassing Monday morning.

I would much rather go bowling.

0 comments: